At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About The Team
The Marketing Associate Director will lead all Marketing initiatives across Careem Egypt. The role requires a deep understanding of the market and the activities that increase our KPIs on awareness, transactions and revenue. It includes building strategies with deep insights into what works and doesn’t work in Egypt’s consumer market.
What You’ll Do
- Drive usage and growth of Careem Egypt products and services across all customer segments.
- Develop strategic vision and execute long range plans based on in-depth understanding of market segmentation, market and technology trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning
- Build marketing plans for Careem Egypt that include promotions and partnerships to increase revenue and meet monthly targets in areas of responsibility that are correlated with the brand guidelines
- Manage to identify key customer segments, create customer profiles, customize offering, and optimize ways to communicate our offering to our customers
- Develop and implement strategic partnership engagement plans working in collaboration with the senior marketing team in HQ and other marketing colleagues, aligning our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Drive deep data-based insights, with the help of our data analytics team, that enhances our customer acquisition and maximizes lifetime value of our customers.
- Work with the diverse teams to create and maintain a consistent output of high-quality products to accelerate the growth and ability of the organization
- Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, marketers, engineers, and product managers to deliver against the organization’s KPIs
- Help marketing managers and analysts solve difficult problems related to global ad serving, tracking, analytics, and attribution to ensure efficient marketing at scale
- Identify a range of potential sponsoring partnerships and appropriate channels and venues for promotion
- Forecast, measure and report results on various projects with countrywide partners, including co¬-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
- Develop new and creative approaches to working closer with influential members of our industry, and serve as a go-to resource to other marketing team members
- Collaborate cross-functionally with local and regional teams to ensure smooth delivery of objectives and achievement of growth targets.
What You’ll Need
This role requires a high level of market understanding and a diverse skill set across multiple areas, including product and segment management, data-based marketing approaches, strategic and conceptual thinking to create marketing strategy, strong team leadership, and high marketing communications knowledge, including social media marketing, PR, event planning, content creation, and relationship management.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence, data and customer understanding, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative, wowing customers and acting like an owner. Other requirements for the role include:
- Strong strategic marketing planning knowledge
- Previous leadership experience of managing a team of direct reports
- Solid background in driving commercial offering and/or P&L of customer segments or product lines.
- Must be creative/innovate/hands-on with an affinity for details, aesthetics, communication & PR skills, interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, leadership skills, presentation skills, writing skills
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Strong account management and relationship builder, an adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
- Experience in event planning and management, including speaker outreach and vendor relationships is an advantage
- Experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Experience in running digital marketing campaigns and analyzing KPIs.
What we’ll provide you
As a Careem Colleague You Will Be Able To
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
- Be part of a hybrid working environment
- Work from any country in the world for 30 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.